Being productive is matter of taking the time to prepare for the next day and being smart about the decisions you make. By automating decisions, creating rituals, and getting prepared mentally, you can set yourself up for success by starting your day on the right foot! Here are the six smartest things you can do to maximize your potential and to learn The Art of Thinking Smart!
- Make a “Night Before List.” This will help you stay focused on what needs to be done the next day. See the infograph below for the five-part preparation template! Another version of this is the advice worth $20,000 per minute!
- Set Your Clothes Our For Tomorrow. This may seem silly but this helps get you going in the morning without wasting time and energy. It helps you get going quickly!
- Forgive Yourself. Don’t beat yourself up over mistakes made, learn from them and drive on. If you did something well, congratulate yourself! If you have a problem with a co-worker or family member, make it a point to resolve it as soon as you can. Forgiveness is divine, make sure you don’t let the sun go down on your anger.
- Do Something for Yourself. Exercise, meditate, pray, or do something that feeds you to start your day right. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Have a Routine. Willpower is a muscle. The more you automate your choices, the more energy you have to make smart decisions for your important issues. Remember to manage your energy and not just your time.
- Start with Something Big…or Small. Do what works for you, start with small tasks to get the ball rolling, or start with big ones to get it out of the way. Everyone is different and being smarter means catering to your strengths! Good luck on accomplishing the smartest things you can do!